Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment Problem due to Token

Highlighted
Canturk G TOPRA
Super Collector

Assignment Problem due to Token

hi,

i have a problem with user defined tokens, i can see the user in approval details but when i can log with that user i cannot see the action buttons. Users have all access grants.Time to time i have this problem and i delete the existing field with a new one and it works well for a while but at the end still i have same problem. Im sure the problem occurs from token but dunno where is the problem.

ty
9 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Assignment Problem due to Token

Hi.
if you use custom token for example from request you need write as [REQ.P.].
If it not help you can let me see you field setting.
Good Luck.
Canturk G TOPRA
Super Collector

Thank you for your reply.

We are using token as [REQ.P.ETS_PM_OWNER]

and Security Type is User Id

Our problem again occurs if we create a new token. This PM Owner group contains 5 users. This token does not work for four them and works fine with one of them. We have make all the properties of these users same (groups access etc.) but still token doesn't work for the rest of the group.

Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Are you using Segregation of Duties?
Canturk G TOPRA
Super Collector

No we are not using Segregation of Duties.

Funny part of this issue is, in the beginning it works fine, but something happens and this token blows up for these users.

Once we create a new token it works fine for a while.

We are not changing anything about workflow or user properties in the meanwhile.
Raj Ghimire
Occasional Visitor

Have you tried re-calculating the WF Step security once and see if that resolves your issue ?

-Raj
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

You refer to "PM Owner group". Is REQ.P.ETS_PM_OWNER a multi-select list of one or more user ids or a security group?
kerimkilic
Super Collector

im the owner of post just created with a friend user. it is not a multi select list.
in logs i found this
JSESSIONID=3FB65B048CC11B49508A86BC4BCC1F09.HPPPM,USERNAME=admin:http-0.0.0.0-8080-Processor17:org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspFactoryImpl:2010/08/25-14:14:43.225 GST: Exception initializing page context
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot create a session after the response has been committed.
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

If your user-defined token holds a security group name, the type must be set to Security Group Name. You indicated you have it set to User ID.
kerimkilic
Super Collector

token does not store security group. it stores a user within a security group. the strange thing is it works well for a while then dunno what happens user in that token cannot take any action at that step although he is at approval details and it stores exact info at db also if some1 asks for it. anyway im doing a workaround for stores info another field and changed token to that field.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event