Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Approving Request by Cell phone

Highlighted
Steve Hatzidaki
Frequent Contributor.

Approving Request by Cell phone

There have been an increasing number of managers that have requested a process to approval PPM requests by sell phone after receiving their email for approval. Have you heard of anyone doing this? Or even better is there a known way to do this? Please advise Thanks Steve
7 REPLIES
Steve Hatzidaki
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Approving Request by Cell phone

Spell check correction Cell Phone.
Sanjay Valiyave
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Steve,

I am from Patni Americas, an HP Software silver alliance partner and we have a mobility solution for HP PPM that enables approvers to take action on request workflows via BlackBerry devices and other smartphones.

We are listed on the HP PPM Solution catalog and also on the HP website:
http://h21007.www2.hp.com/portal/site/dspp/menuitem.5179cc2b5bf6406ac6713f8da973a801/?productId=23980

You can view the solution brief at:
http://tinyurl.com/emailplugin

I'd be happy to give you a demo of our solution anytime - let me know when you have about 45 minutes to an hour. You can mail me or call me on 314 409 4840 and I'll set it up.

Regards,
Sanjay
314 409 4840
Steve Hatzidaki
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks I will let the manager know and let him get with you about the demo. He was more interested in pricing. Is it priced by add-in or by licence? Steve
Sanjay Valiyave
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Steve,

The e-Mail Plug-in is licensed per HP PPM Production instance. It can be used for unlimited number of Dev/Staging environments, unlimited number of users, and unlimited number of transactions.

Regards,
Sanjay
(314) 409 4840
ChrisJH_1
Trusted Contributor.

Sanjay,

Are you aware of the solution which has been implemented with SP4? Looks awfully familiar to what I've seen your solution (Patni) accomplish. Did they acquire it from you?
Sanjay Valiyave
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Chris,

The functionality is the same but implemented in a slightly different way. The email approval is a productized version of a PSO solution that existed previously.

To answer your question - the Patni solution and the HP solution are different.

Regards,
Sanjay
Steve Hatzidaki
Frequent Contributor.

Chris@JH

I will assume you are speaking about HP PPM 7.5 correct SP4?