Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Approve Project Time - show all statuses

Highlighted
Michaela P.
Honored Contributor.

Approve Project Time - show all statuses

Hi,

Project managers can approve timesheets connected to their projects. They see individual inputs to approve in the "Approve Project Time" section. But out of box, they see only inputs that correspond to the "Submitted" status. Please, is it possible to show all entries in this table - meaning also already previously approved or rejected time entries and not only the submitted status?

Thanks a lot,
Michaela
6 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Approve Project Time - show all statuses

Good Day.
it's impossible from standart interface.
Good Luck.
Michaela P.
Honored Contributor.

Alexander,

Thank you for your reply. Is it really impossible? I'm looking not only for possibility to change this using the PPM client, but possibly if a solution exists that would require changing JSP files, we'd go for it... but so far I didn't figure out how to change this (though we've changed other things in the Approve Project Time table in JSPs - namely by modifying SearchTimeSheetLinesToApprove.jsp).

Any idea somebody?

Thanks a lot,
Michaela
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Michaela,

What exactly is it you're trying to accomplish? A summary view of all the time sheet lines for a given project?
Michaela P.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Erik,

Yes, that's what we're trying to accomplish.

Thanks for any ideas
Michaela
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

I think what I would do (if you're in 7.x) is just create a custom portlet (of the 'Project Overview' type) that contains this info and add it to your project template. Downside is that you will also have to manually add it to any in-flight projects as adding it to the template only affects projects created after that change.

This thread contains a how-to on adding a portlet to your Project Overview page:

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1296127

Does this help?
Michaela P.
Honored Contributor.

Thanks Erik,

We thought there might be a simplier way do do that (just by the modifications of those JSPs), but now I see that we'll need to get to the portlet stuff. Thank you for the portlet document that you provided in that other thread, we'll refer to it.

Michaela