Did you mean: 

Approval Details Getting Cleared Out

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Jamie Pick
Regular Collector

Approval Details Getting Cleared Out

We recently changed our Project Issue request to go from "Manage Issue" --> Escalate --> "Escalated Issue Being Managed" --> Approve --> back to "Manage Issue".

In this flow, we're seeing the Approval Details getting cleared out, showing no Completed Workflow Steps, as if the workflow has had not steps completed. The Transaction Details and Graphical View keep the history, but the Approval Details are losing it. Does anyone have any ideas why this might be? Is this a bug or a setting somewhere that I'm missing?

Thanks!

Jamie
8 REPLIES
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Re: Approval Details Getting Cleared Out

Please check up the table which stores the 'Approval Details' data from Technical reference manual.

I hope KWFL_APPROVALS is the table(may be I am wrong, kwfl means workflow tables)

Try to see whether only this request has the detail missing.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Jamie Pick
Regular Collector

Thanks for the reply.

I think the table that holds this information is KWFL_WORKFLOW_INSTANCE_STEPS... I looked at one that was created prior to the Workflow definition changing, and it looks ok, the history is there. However, a new Project Issue created since the Workflow definition changes does not show the path in this table.

I've seen instances where removing and adding back a transition will solve strange problems like this. Any other thoughts?

Thanks!
Sangiliraja_1
Collector

Hi Jamie

Can u pls share your workflow snapshot.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P
Jamie Pick
Regular Collector

Here's the graphical view
Sangiliraja_1
Collector

Hi jamie,

Yes this would have been a problem for sure. Did you raised a SR in support site.

Meanwhile I am thinking of some solution and i have not tried.

Copying one of workflow step like Manage Issue and place it near to the old one. Having two workflow parameters from each one will identify from which step request have came recently. Based on that we can route to the other workflow step. i think thereby PPM will be creating log as we require.

Pls let me know if this is logical.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P
Jim Bowen
Super Collector

We have seen this before. When a workflow step is re-visited, the main display (in the status section) clears out the history for the transitions away from this step.

I think it was a design decision - don't confuse the user. (It would be odd to see that the workflow has already gone past the step that it's currently on...)

As you mention, the info is available in the transaction details - I tell my users to look there.

Jim
Jamie Pick
Regular Collector

Thanks to all for your responses.

Jim - another developer on our team and I wondered about just that, whether this was by design or not - we suspected it might be.

Thanks for your input.

Jamie
Mahen M
Honored Contributor
Solution

Jim, You are cent percent correct, The Approval Details is getting cleared when the request goes through the same step twice.

Regards,
Mahendran M
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event