Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using a dashboard/BI tool on top of PPM

Highlighted
victoria loft
Collector

Anyone using a dashboard/BI tool on top of PPM

Is anyone using a dashboard/BI tool on top of PPM to provide real time data to management on Project Health and Time Reporting?
9 REPLIES
Richard Hawes
Occasional Contributor

Re: Anyone using a dashboard/BI tool on top of PPM

Have you heard of HP Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA)? It's a product that uses a Business Objects foundation to perform analytics on top of PPM and Asset Manager and uses Xcelsis and Webi-based dashboards. I don't know of specific deployments of this new tool yet though.
FPA focuses on financial data but the Business Objects infrastructure would allow for customization to other uses.
Rich Y_1

We use BI for all reporting from PPM. We do not use PM but we do have many TM reports.
victoria loft
Collector

Rich Yanek, what tool, exactly do you use for BI? Also, I'm looking for a Time report showing which timesheet and line items are still waiting for approval, showing the approver - do you have something like that you can share? Also, the delinquent timesheet report completes and sends email to the manager even when there are no timesheets delinquent - i'd love for the email to only go out if there are delinquent timesheets.
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

If you don't have a BI plattform in place and it is just about PPM data, you could go for custom PPM dashboards with standard or custom portlets. The construct of data sources / portlet definitions / dashboard modules is quite powerfull.
We use this for all real time reporting; additionally we use JasperReports for printed reports, because you achive higher print quality with that compared to the PDF export of PPM dashboard pages.
I have seen FPA and I don't see any benefit in it as long as you are dealing with PPM data only.
Regards
Sascha
Phanishwar
Collector

Is that PPM 8.0 version can be integrated with BO tool for report developments? just like it can be integrated with HP Quality centre?
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

BO/Starfish is not yet available for release 8. I don't think it will be the same type of integration as with QC, probably more like an extended version of the RML db scheme, but I cannot be sure. Ask HP PSO, they will have done the integration with release 7.5 and can tell you more about it.
Cemi
Super Collector

Hello Victoria,

We have developed BI platform and it works on PPM 7.1, 7.5 and 8. Ad-hoc reporting and Dashboarding is available as well. If you interseted I can provide an account for test system to see the application. Currently it is on Cognos but it will be available on BO soon.

btw, there are 30+ reports ready to use inculeded dashbaords.

Regards,
Cem
Cem ISIK
Head of BI Team
E-Mail : cem.isik@compello.com.tr
Web : http://www.compello.com.tr
Vsalian
Regular Collector

Hi Cemi,

Can u give me some more detils on what reports (30 +) u can produce. We are looking at a reporting solution most likely BO but we are open to other options as well as long as it serves the purpose.

Regards,

V
Cemi
Super Collector

Hello Vsalian,
Our PPi (Project&Portfolio Intelligence) Reporting System supports HP PPM 7.1, 7.5 and 8 versions.
We have developed Data Mart top of the PPM database(s) and added more tables for some functionalities like Performance Indexes (SPI, CPI), Budgets,Healths logging etc.
We are using IBM Cognos infrastructure for metadata and presentation layers currently but our BO development is almost finished.
System is containing around 60 reports both operational reports and dashboards.
If you need more detail, web demo, brochure, reference etc. please e-mail me: cem.isik@kokteyl.com

Regards,
Cem
Cem ISIK
Head of BI Team
E-Mail : cem.isik@compello.com.tr
Web : http://www.compello.com.tr
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event