The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using [PKG.PARENT_REQUEST_ID] in 9.x?

Highlighted
bzdafro
Collector

Anyone using [PKG.PARENT_REQUEST_ID] in 9.x?

We are using a request to create a package.   I need to reference some tokens from the parent request.  This token is in th builder but doesnt resolve.   I am try to do a ksc_comment  [PKG.PARENT_REQUEST_ID]    and nothing comes back.

Anyone using this or know if the token named changed?

2 REPLIES
bzdafro
Collector

Re: Anyone using [PKG.PARENT_REQUEST_ID] in 9.x?

Forgot to mentioned that we are trying to reference the token (parent request info) in the object type of the spawned package.

bzdafro
Collector

Re: Anyone using [PKG.PARENT_REQUEST_ID] in 9.x?

Found more information about the issue.  We are spawning a package from the request.  When I open the package I am filling in the package line details.  I don't think its possible to reference any of the parent request tokens in a  package line field validation.   Example, I have a field which is performing a SQL select on kenv_environments where user_data1=REQ.P.ENV_TYPE.     After the package is submitted I can run a workflow step that echos the REQ.P.ENV_TYPE and it resolves.  However, if I'm trying to use it in a package line field validation it doesnt seem to work.  We also determined that the PKG.PARENT_REQUEST_ID is NOT resolving to the parent request id #.   Its actually grabbing parent_step_transaction_id. 

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event