Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Anyone know what causes SQLPLUS_VERSION setting to be empty in server configuration report?

Highlighted
bzdafro
Honored Contributor.

Anyone know what causes SQLPLUS_VERSION setting to be empty in server configuration report?

Hi,

We are still unable to run some out of box reports from our PPM 9.12 Linux server.   It has something to do with sqlplus and or profile settings.   If we run the server configuration report from the workbench, the com.kintana.core.server.SQLPLUS_VERSION   setting is empty.     SQLPLUS  line is set to sqlplus.   If I log onto the server via ssh, which sqlplus works. 

Has anyone run into this when setting up new servers?   I'm guessing its easy fix but not making progress with our HP case.  

Thanks

1 REPLY
Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Anyone know what causes SQLPLUS_VERSION setting to be empty in server configuration report?

Previously we also faced the same issue and it got resolved by setting com.kintana.core.server.SQLPLUS_VERSION parameter in server.conf file

SQLPLUS_VERSION parameter controls how empty or blank parameters are passed to Sqlplus.

It could be either "" (double quotes) or '' (single quotes). PPM chooses either one based on SQLPLUS_VERSION version.

So set below parameter in server.conf (make sure the sqlplus version is supported by your PPM version) and then run kUpdateHtml.sh

com.kintana.core.server.SQLPLUS_VERSION=11.2.0.4

In case the issue still persists then login to Server (machine) and run the command which is there in the Report (i.e. call the SQL script from server). This will give you exact root cause or will let you know incase there is any setting issue in .profile file.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)