The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone applied patch 0008 for ppm 9.1 sp4?

Highlighted
Navaneethan_A
Super Collector

Anyone applied patch 0008 for ppm 9.1 sp4?

Hi All,

Please let me know if any one applied the patch 0008 for PPM v9.1 SP4. We recently applied SP4 and patch 0007 in our development instance, and found it has special characters(&,’) issue in the seeded search pages like Search Resource, Search projects. As per release notes, This issue is fixed in patch 0008 , but we want confirm it doesn’t have any other new issues.

Thanks & Regards,

Navaneethan

5 REPLIES
dirkf
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone applied patch 0008 for ppm 9.1 sp4?

Hi Navaneethan,

if you check the 0008 release-notes you will find the following:

If the name of a PPM object contains "

&", the "&" is converted into "&amp:", and the search for the object returns no results. (QCCR1L51370)

To practically test this, I would need a step-by-step scenario to test what you need.

Best regards,

Dirk

Navaneethan_A
Super Collector

Hi Dirk,

I want to test the following scenario.

1.goto search projects page, provide a project name containing & ..like 'AB & B project' and click search..it should return values..

2.goto search resource page, choose a department name containing & and click a search..it should return all the resource under the department..

Also let me know, if you found any other issues with 0008 patch.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Navaneethan

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi Navaneethan,

I tested both scenearios and they work. Find attached dcoument with screenshots.

As to the additional question: I cannot say that I've seen any issues with 0008 being reported but we don't maintain a list I can report on, so I wouldn't know for sure.

Best regards,

Dirk

- Kudos always welcome -

Navaneethan_A
Super Collector

Hi Dirk,

Thank you for the update. We also applied patch 0008 in our development instance couple of days before and found the &,' issue fixed.So far we didnt come accross any major issue after applying the patch 0008.

Best Regards,

Navaneethan

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi Navaneethan,

thanks, good news and wish you the best for future tests.

Thanks also for the kudo.

Should you have the time, it would be great if we could close this thread by 'solving' it.

All my best wishes,

Dirk

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event