Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to use TABLE_ENTRY_ID token

Highlighted
Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

Any way to use TABLE_ENTRY_ID token

Hello Everyone,

Is there any way to use TABLE_ENTRY_ID token in Table component RULEs.

Here I had a requirement where I need to do the calculation based on the TABLE_ENTRY_ID. But I am not getting any details about it. I need the token of Table_entry_id..

When I asked HP support team, they handed me "Commands and Tokens" guide...  ( I have no words to say!!!..)

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
7 REPLIES
WW62150
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Any way to use TABLE_ENTRY_ID token

What do you mean by Table Entry ID... Are you referring to SEQ?? explain what you are trying to do..

AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Can't you use custom SQL queries?

Cheers
Alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

Any thing will work, either SEQ or TABLE_ENTRY_ID

Alex,

I am using a custom SQL in which TABLE_ENTRY_ID is used. Actually I need to get the previous value of the token/field and then perform the caluclation.

So I am doing it as,

SELECT VISIBLE_PARAMTER1 from KCRT_TABLE_ENTIRES where 

Paramter_set_id = <based on the table component token name>

and table_entry_id = <need this token??>

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

We use the request id field in the kcrt_table_entries rows to select the entries for a specific request. The contents of the seq field would pick the row in the table component.

Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

Here the problem is coming becuse we have multiple table component and in every table componenet there are multiple entries.

And these multiple entries have similar data.. so there is no exect way to get the right row, except by getting SEQ or table_entry_id

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

The number of rows in a table is available for a field using the field's token. For instance, for a table with the token name EMPLOYEE, [REQD.P.EMPLOYEE] is the number of table entries. The value for the field NAME in the first table entry is [REQD.T.EMPLOYEE.TE="1".VP.NAME]. This works fine for getting values from multiple tables in the request. These are read-only tokens, though. They do not work with ksc_store, which is unfortunate.

Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

This won' work either, the SQL condition will fail (or incorrect calculation) if table component have 2 or more rows with same employee name in  [REQD.T.EMPLOYEE.TE="1".VP.NAME] field. (just an example).

Rigth now the only feasible solution, which currently I am using is

1. Create a Oracle sequence
  2. On Table component CREATE event, poupulate the sequence in new ID coulmn (this will be always unique)
  3. Now using this ID filed, I am identifying the correct TC row.

The only problem in this is that, I cannot hide it. Incase it is hidden then on REQUEST save, this field is set to NULL.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event