Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Any way to startup "Notification Service" without bouncing PPM?

Highlighted
TurboMan
Honored Contributor.

Any way to startup "Notification Service" without bouncing PPM?

Hi,

When the Notification Service lose the DB connection it doesn't retry again  stops working.

So, I have to restart PPM.

I wonder if there is any way to give a kick start to the Notification Service without restarting PPM?

Regards

TM

3 REPLIES
AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Any way to startup "Notification Service" without bouncing PPM?

Hi,

if you're using version 8 or higher, you can use the Services Schedule Page to disable and re-enable the notification service.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
TurboMan
Honored Contributor.

Thanks Alex,

Yes I am using 8.04 keeps forgeting the ver number.

Anyway, I tried that but it didn't work.

I just figured out that if Notification Service stops then ALL other services stops as well.

It is kind of weird. Just checked that after Notification stopped, none of the other services carried on.

Regards

TM

AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

How did you check that no other service is running? Do you have any errors in the log?

In my experience, whenever the notification service could not connect to the smtp server, it would retry after 20 seconds.

If you have problems for all your services, then your production environment might encounter other problems, bigger problems like data out of sync, since some of the services are responsible for lots off calculations. In this case, you should check for errors related to Quartz.

Cheers
Alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem