Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Any way to restore deleted MR in Mercury ITG

Highlighted
shaheer sulaima
Regular Contributor.

Any way to restore deleted MR in Mercury ITG

Hi all
I am currently using Mercury ITG 6.0. Actually one Maintenance Request got deleted from application. There is any way to restore that MR and track the deleted usser?
4 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Any way to restore deleted MR in Mercury ITG

If users delete requests, they are gone and it not logged who deleted them. In general, it is not advisable to allow users to delete anything from the system (cancel should be enough).
You could of course create an audit trigger and table, that logs deletions.
shaheer sulaima
Regular Contributor.

Thank you for your reply.

Suppose i create an audit table what all information can i store inside. There is anyway that i can get the details of the user deleted the request in trigger...
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

As a trigger is a backend operation that will be tricky, you cannot use tokens there. The first thing that came to my mind was the last_updated_by column, but that probably will not be updated before the deletion. You need the person who last opended the request before deletion. A rule could populate a field in the request with that person, but again this will not be saved to the DB unless the user clicks on save.
My idea would be the following:
- a functin in the DB that saves the user_id in an unused user_data field for that reuqest
- a rule that triggers on page load with an SQL like select myFunction([SYS.USER_ID] from dual
- one more (hidden) text field in the request to store the result of the function to
- the audit trigger that uses the stored user_id as the person who deleted the request

We don't have such auditing (deleting is not allowed for anybody except an admin), we just audit changes to references (including removed/changed attachments).
hth
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Oh, just seen, if I remember correctly there where no rules triggering on page load in 6.0. So my proposal may not be possible for you. sorry.