Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Any way to auto-create a request

Highlighted
Marlene Mazzeo
Super Contributor.

Any way to auto-create a request

We would like to be able to automatically create a request, versus having a user click the 'Create Request' button. HP has told me there is not way to automate, and this is a manual process. Just wondering if anyone has found a way to do this.
4 REPLIES
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Any way to auto-create a request

What activity should automate the request creation process?

Regards,
Mahendran M
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

You can certainly automate it via web services or the interface. What is triggering the create, and where is the request data coming from?
jon tcps
Frequent Contributor.

I'm in the same situation. I'll use the open interface but there's one step of the process that I could not figure out how to automate, and that is the run of the "Request Import" Report. Certain user will have a portlet letting him know if they have "pending" requests to import, and then he will take the desition of when to import (create) the bunch of requests. The portlet will consult the data from the repository DB.

I discarded the web services option because there's no direct relation to another system that also uses WS to comunicate between them. Maybe it could be configured in my case but I think it would be more complex.
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

You could write a script to populate interface tables, this can be done totally outside of PPM. Then just set the import report to run on a set schedule and if there is data in the tables it will import it. In fact, you could do all of this 'outside' of PPM because the Request Import report just calls the database procedure KCRT_REQUEST_INT.RUN_INTERFACE with the parameters you set on the report form.