Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any token experts out there? Having trouble finding request detail token

Highlighted
bzdafro
Collector

Any token experts out there? Having trouble finding request detail token

Hi,

I am trying desparately to find what token resolves to a column sequence. I can only get it to resolve to "1". I need the visible value. Its under request types > fields tab > request details section > "SERVERS_LIST" is name of token (which is a table compenent) which uses validation called "B servers"> and I need column seq 4 under this table (column token is called GPO).

I have tried everything and nothing resolves to the value. I can see the value I need if I run a SQL query "select parameter3 from KCRT_TABLE_ENTRIES
where request_id = 'xxxxx'

I have tried every possible variation of the following and nothing returns the visual value. Just the number "1". Any ideas? I need the visible value for a script that I run later during the workflow.

[REQD.P.SERVERS_LIST.T.B servers.TE.GPO]

[REQD.P.SERVERS_LIST.T="B servers".TE.VP.GPO]

[REQD.TE.P.GPO]

4 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Re: Any token experts out there? Having trouble finding request detail token

Not 100% sure what you're looking for, but I'll give it a shot.

If SERVERS_LIST is the name of your table component, then you also need to have the name of the field in that table component that you're wanting to return.

I don't know what you mean by 'column seq 4'. Each column (field) in the table component will have its own token too. So if there is a field called SERVER_NAME then it would be:

[REQD.T.SERVERS_LIST.TE.VP.SERVER_NAME]

or

[REQD.T.SERVERS_LIST.TE="3".VP.SERVER_NAME]

if you want the name of the third server in the list, etc.
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Okay, I think I got you now. Try

[REQD.T.SERVERS_LIST.TE.VP.GPO]
bzdafro
Collector

Erik,

I think we are close. I found out one more piece of information that explain why its not working. The token GPO is a text field. But there is a rule for it. When the server name is selected, it applies the rule to auto fill in the GPO. The token for it under the rule is TE.P.GPO. I tried the following but it doesnt work. I know the value is stored under parameter 3, as I mentioned from the SQL runner. I think we are close.

[REQD.T.SERVERS_LIST.TE="4".P.GPO.TE.VP.GPO]
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

[REQD.T.SERVERS_LIST.TE="4".VP.GPO]

is the right token if you're getting the GPO field of the fourth entry in the table (assuming there are 4 or more).

Since your original post said REQD.P.SERVERS_LIST is returning a "1" then I think you only have one entry in the table component...?
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event