Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Any token experts out there? Having trouble finding request detail token

Highlighted
bzdafro
Honored Contributor.

Any token experts out there? Having trouble finding request detail token

Hi,

I am trying desparately to find what token resolves to a column sequence. I can only get it to resolve to "1". I need the visible value. Its under request types > fields tab > request details section > "SERVERS_LIST" is name of token (which is a table compenent) which uses validation called "B servers"> and I need column seq 4 under this table (column token is called GPO).

I have tried everything and nothing resolves to the value. I can see the value I need if I run a SQL query "select parameter3 from KCRT_TABLE_ENTRIES
where request_id = 'xxxxx'

I have tried every possible variation of the following and nothing returns the visual value. Just the number "1". Any ideas? I need the visible value for a script that I run later during the workflow.

[REQD.P.SERVERS_LIST.T.B servers.TE.GPO]

[REQD.P.SERVERS_LIST.T="B servers".TE.VP.GPO]

[REQD.TE.P.GPO]

4 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Any token experts out there? Having trouble finding request detail token

Not 100% sure what you're looking for, but I'll give it a shot.

If SERVERS_LIST is the name of your table component, then you also need to have the name of the field in that table component that you're wanting to return.

I don't know what you mean by 'column seq 4'. Each column (field) in the table component will have its own token too. So if there is a field called SERVER_NAME then it would be:

[REQD.T.SERVERS_LIST.TE.VP.SERVER_NAME]

or

[REQD.T.SERVERS_LIST.TE="3".VP.SERVER_NAME]

if you want the name of the third server in the list, etc.
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Okay, I think I got you now. Try

[REQD.T.SERVERS_LIST.TE.VP.GPO]
bzdafro
Honored Contributor.

Erik,

I think we are close. I found out one more piece of information that explain why its not working. The token GPO is a text field. But there is a rule for it. When the server name is selected, it applies the rule to auto fill in the GPO. The token for it under the rule is TE.P.GPO. I tried the following but it doesnt work. I know the value is stored under parameter 3, as I mentioned from the SQL runner. I think we are close.

[REQD.T.SERVERS_LIST.TE="4".P.GPO.TE.VP.GPO]
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

[REQD.T.SERVERS_LIST.TE="4".VP.GPO]

is the right token if you're getting the GPO field of the fourth entry in the table (assuming there are 4 or more).

Since your original post said REQD.P.SERVERS_LIST is returning a "1" then I think you only have one entry in the table component...?