Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Any live PPM/QC chat support available?

Highlighted
sam.greg
Honored Contributor.

Any live PPM/QC chat support available?

Hi,

Is there any other way/channel where in I can post and get issue updates instantly?

Regards,
Sam
7 REPLIES
Erik Cole_1
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Any live PPM/QC chat support available?

Sam, how much are you willing to pay? ;)

I don't know of any "live" support from HP, barring any Sev 1 issues. This forum is usually pretty fast and good about responding to requests for help, though.
sam.greg
Honored Contributor.

Erik,

I am a newbie in this PPM and trying to understand the system.

Could you please tell me whats the role of webservices in PPM (from Demand Management perspecctive)?

I could see documentation on whats development process is then WSDL and SOAP usages, but not sure why should one use them here in PPM. As I understand, its a client server model where in client will send request and server will respond back with a response.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sam
Erik Cole_1
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Sam,

Web services is just a way for other applications/systems to interact with PPM. It's an API that developers can use so they can, say, program another app to be able to create a request in PPM or look up the status of a particular request.

If you don't have a need for other systems to programatically interface with PPM, then it's not required.
sam.greg
Honored Contributor.

Thanks Erick. Got your point.

Where can I find documentations for getting all such answers? A link should be perfect.

Regards,
Sam
Erik Cole_1
Outstanding Contributor.

sam.greg
Honored Contributor.

Thanks Erik
sam.greg
Honored Contributor.

Found the required info.