Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot periodic failed SMTP delivery messages from PPM?

Highlighted
bzdafro
Honored Contributor.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot periodic failed SMTP delivery messages from PPM?

We have been using PPM for many years.  Within the past month we started receiving failed delivery messages in Lotus Notes.  We are sending notifications from PPM to a SMTP server, which forwards to our Notes servers.  All mail is internal.   All notifications are being sent from workflow steps.   We are receiving failed messages on random workflows & workflow steps.   I cannot find any common link between the failures.   We checked with our internal email team and they couldn't find anything wrong.  In fact, they found the messages were successfully delivered.   Has anyone experienced similar issues / or know how to troubleshoot this from PPM?    I have checked the knta_notif_txn_details but cant seem to find anything.  The message we receive in Notes is "Returned Mail from HP Project and Portfolio Management"  Unable to send the following message to: ......    When notifications are sent from PPM to SMTP, is there any confirmation back to PPM?   I didn't think there was with SMTP.   

1 REPLY
Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Any ideas on how to troubleshoot periodic failed SMTP delivery messages from PPM?

In case if any issue is encountered in STMP server, then those error logs are capture in SERVER log file.

Along with this also check the "Notification History Report" to view the trigger and delivery detials.

If no error is found then there might be issue in your Notes Server.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)