Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Any ideas about PPM and Quality Center bi-directional update ?

Highlighted
Jegadeesh Ramam
Trusted Contributor.

Any ideas about PPM and Quality Center bi-directional update ?

Hello,

I'm trying to find out if it's possible to integrate PPM and Quality Center for bi-directional data flow ?

For eg. say I want to trigger some work-flow task in PPM, when a defect state changes (in its life-cycle) in QC ?
Like this there could be many QA life-cycle activities that happen in QC, which would be useful to integrate with the over-all testing project work-flow in PPM.

I'm aware of CM4QC (Center Mgmt for QC) and MAC for PPM & QC integration and I'm not quite positive if these (ie.CM4QC & MAC) components support bi-directional flow in a way it's extensible to suite our needs.

If anybody has any thoughts, ideas, I'd appreciate if you can share.

Thanks
Jeg
2 REPLIES
Niraj Prabhu
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Any ideas about PPM and Quality Center bi-directional update ?

Jeg,

Look at Posting "PPM - QC Integration" for this. Following ist he direct link to it. This should help you.

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1348088

Regards,
Niraj
Niraj P.
Jegadeesh Ramam
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Any ideas about PPM and Quality Center bi-directional update ?

Thanks Niraj.

I had seen the other posting (and in fact, I had responded to it) and my understanding is,
CM4QC supports some data flow from QC to PPM, but it's not triggered by actions that happen in QC. Rather I believe it's initiated from PPM, which in turn talks to QC using the available interfaces.

Reg MAC, I'm not too sure if it supports what I'm looking for...but I'd take a closer look at it.

btw, is it possible to invoke PPM web services from QC to achieve this ?
(probably that's what MAC already does...)

Thanks
Jeg