Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Any Announcement at HP Software Universe?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Jaylen Smith
Respected Contributor.

Any Announcement at HP Software Universe?

Does anyone know if HP announced a new PPM release during last week's Software Universe Conference in Washington DC?
3 REPLIES
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Re: Any Announcement at HP Software Universe?

Not really.
They said since PPM 9.1 (Next version after 8.0) is still on BETA version, they can not officially annunce it. But, in the past, HP generally releases a full version after the product has been in Beta for about 3-4 months. So,9.1 will definately get released in the coming fall.
Besides other new features, 9.1 will have PPM Reporting (Business Objects) built in and will be shipped together with the product. Bulk License included. So, No need of Custom Data Warehouse as is needed right now for 7.5 and 8.0.
The only problem is: to begin with, out of the Box PPM Reporting will only cover Resource Management, Time Management & Financial Management. I was told some Project Management Data will also be available and can be used as long as you don't use Workplans. But Demand and Deployment and additional Project Management data will only be added as they keep increasing the out of the box Business Object Universe.

Thanks.
- Raj
Scott A Wood
Respected Contributor.

Did HP announce anything about deployment management and if it has a future at HP Software Univ this year? We use this feature extensively and I'm always concerned that they will drop it...

Thanks,

Scott
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

Scott,
We are a very heavy user of Deployment Management Module ourselves.

Deployment Management was the primary topic of conversation I had with a lot of HP folks including the PPM Product Manager. It seems to be a known fact now that they will eventually replace the module with the new Deployment tool that HP just bought a couple of years ago when they acquired Opsware.

But I found that they are still selling the module with "factory approval" (whatever that means) so definately there is no plan to end the support yet at least for 2-3 more years. I was told that they have not made any decisions on completely dropping the module because a lot of their customers are using the module. I was lucky enough to meet with few of them and gang up on HP regarding the same.

- Raj