Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An HP internal error has occurred when opening request types in the workbench in PPM7.1

Highlighted
shygirl
Regular Collector

An HP internal error has occurred when opening request types in the workbench in PPM7.1

I am getting below error when opening request type in the workbench and it totally get disconnect that I have to relaunched a new one. The issue does not occur when I open other ppm objects such as workflows, validation, packages etc.

An HP internal error has occurred. Please contact HP Project and Portfolio Management support if the problem persists. (KNTA-10023)

Details:
Socket is closed; nested exception is
java.net.SocketException: Socket is closed
com.kintana.rmi.UnexpectedException: Socket is closed; nested exception is
java.net.SocketException: Socket is closed
at com.kintana.crt.server.RequestTypeDBAdapterImpl_Stub.loadWrapper(RequestTypeDBAdapterImpl_Stub.java:80)
at com.kintana.core.arch.Home.load(Home.java:87)
at com.kintana.crt.applet.RequestTypeBoss.load(RequestTypeBoss.java:108)
at com.kintana.crt.applet.RequestTypeWorkbench.openEntity(RequestTypeWorkbench.java:100)

Did you encounter the same issue? your response are highly appreciated.

7 REPLIES
ppm_user_mg
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: An HP internal error has occurred when opening request types in the workbench in PPM7.1

Yep, we're seeing the exact same thing happening. For us, it happens when you attempt to run a Broker Report from the SysAdmin area. We don't see anything in the logs about this, either -- just the erro ron the screen.

Did you ever get it resolved?
ppm_user_mg
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: An HP internal error has occurred when opening request types in the workbench in PPM7.1

Slight clarification -- we're using PPM 8.01, SP1.

I'm going to try to bounce the system, and clear the cache, over the weekend. Hopefully that fixes it.
pdbwimsey
Acclaimed Contributor

Getting the same error here.  I'm on PPM 8.02.  Get the error when I try to run a Broker Connection Report.  It seems to happen coinciding with a problem I am having editing an existing request type in the workbench.  The two items could be related.  The workbench freezes right up when I try to save a change to the request type and the socket closed error occurred soon afterwards.

I think I will do the same as the previous post and try stopping and starting the PPM server to see if that clears the error.

Kerim KILIC
Frequent Visitor

hi,

if ur db user does not have sys privileges, you cannot run broker report then you get those fancy java errors

regards

mohdebas
Super Collector

This problem never has got a fixed solution. The last response that I got from HP as an recommendation is to bounce the server everytime we encounter this issue.

I am sure that would work.

bhawnavirmani
Occasional Advisor

Hello

bhawnavirmani
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

One of our clients is facing the same error when opening some huge packages.

Please let me knw if any of you have faced same problem.

Bhawna

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event