Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

After migrating from 9.12 to 9.14.0007Staf profile position not closing when clicking 'done'

Highlighted
Navaneethan_A
Trusted Contributor.

After migrating from 9.12 to 9.14.0007Staf profile position not closing when clicking 'done'

We recently migrated ppm 9.12 to 9.14.0007.After upgrade,when we open a staffing profile position and after making changes (or without changes), when we click done, the page returns a blank screen and the dialog box not closing.(though it saves the data). This issue occurs even when we add a new position.In the browser, it throws error in the bottom as "Access denied" dialogutil.js. Also we are getting other js error at different instance.Please let me know if any one faced such issue.I cleared tmp and work and recompiled JSP using "sh kjspcompiler.sh" and cleared all the caches. Still issue exists.Also attached the screen shots of the browser error.

4 REPLIES
randull
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: After migrating from 9.12 to 9.14.0007Staf profile position not closing when clicking 'done'

Hi Navaneethan,

Do you know if there is any error shown in the serverlog? if so, could you please share your serverlog with us.

Thanks,

Randall

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Navaneethan_A
Trusted Contributor.

Re: After migrating from 9.12 to 9.14.0007Staf profile position not closing when clicking 'done'

Hi Randall,

The error is not getting logged in server log. changes to the staffing profile position is also getting saved. But save and reload is not happening.We are forced to close and refresh.

Regards,

Navaneethan

randull
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Navaneethan,

Please try these steps,

- Stop PPM server.
    - Delete work & tmp folders from PPM_HOME/server/SERVER_NAME (repeat for all nodes)
    - From the command prompt under PPM_HOME/bin run:
        sh kJSPCompiler.sh
    - Re-start PPM server
    - From the command prompt under PPM_HOME/bin run:
        sh kRunCacheManager.sh A
    - Clean browser and java cache.

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Navaneethan_A
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Randull,

Thanks for replying. As i mentioned in the initial message, I have tried clearing the tmp and work folders and also cleared cache by kruncachemanager.sh and browser caches.After some analysis, i found the issue is not coming once i save any one staffing profile.But the issue again occurs  if i do the following:

1.clear my browser cache.

2."open a staffing profile position & clicking done(with /without changes" or
"add a new position to a staffing profile - enter postion details and click add button" (without saving any staffing profile)=>blank screen(though thechanges are getting saved)

3.If i refresh the page and save any staffing profile by clicking done, the error not showing up for any staffing profile, unless i clear my browser cache again.

Any suggestions for this case?

This issue is not coming up in our prod instance, which is still in 9.12. only we are getting this after applying 9.14 patch 0007.

Regards,

Navaneethan