Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Advanced UI rule - date check PPM8.0 SP1

Highlighted
Dale Colliver
Super Contributor.

Advanced UI rule - date check PPM8.0 SP1

I want to use a rule to check a date to ensure it in the future and use the showMessage for errors. How can I check against the current date? The rule allows checks against a constant and you can select a date including Now. But it stores the date as a constant. I know that I could create a second field and a rule to always push the current date to the field and then compare the entered date to the new field. Is there an easier way? Or does HP need to enhance the PPM rules to include a CURRENT_DATE value for date format fields?
3 REPLIES
Volker Schoettn
Honored Contributor.

Re: Advanced UI rule - date check PPM8.0 SP1

Hi,

you can write a customized UI rule.
The rules are using java script.
Write a rule that caluclates the current date using java script and compare it to the date in your field based on the result you can have different alert messages.

Regards
Volker
Dale Colliver
Super Contributor.

I have already followed the HP documented workaround and created a hidden field which is populated on page load with the current date. You would think that for a date field that one of the standard rules would allow comparison to the current date + or -. This would be a good enhancement to the UI rules.
Dale Colliver
Super Contributor.

used workaround. Closing discussion.