Advanced Search and Dynamic Tokens

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Sangliraja1
Trusted Contributor.

Advanced Search and Dynamic Tokens

Hi All,

In a Request type, all users belonging to security groups in user access tab will be able to do a search by selecting the request type in the search screen. But users belonging to security groups that are identified dynamically is not able to find the request type in search requests screen.

For instance, In Bug request type user access i have a token called TEAM_MEMBERS which will be populated by a security group by a rule based on the nature of the bug. There is another security group called "Project Managers" which is given directly in the user access tab.

Users belonging to Project Managers group can find Bug RT in the search screen Request Type dropdown. But users belonging to team members1, team members2 are not able to see Bug RT in the search screen drop down eventhough they can search for the request by request no.

Is there a workaround or solution to the problem.

Thanks

Sangiliraja.P

6 REPLIES
Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Advanced Search and Dynamic Tokens

It's not best way but you can give only view access grants to all potantial team member users with a security group.
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
Niraj Prabhu
Outstanding Contributor.

Sangiliraja,

This is by design within PPM application, and I remember reporting this as an issue to HP sometime back. As a workaround, we provided a request list portlet with the ability to list all the requests (bugs in your case) and made it available to users (Team members).

Since we had the ability to take action on the request based on the request status, we could achieve listing only relevant requests to specific user within the group (by using Eligible for My Action)
Niraj P.
Sangliraja1
Trusted Contributor.
Solution

Thanks all.

I cannot give view access to all stakeholders as the same process is used by various departments and request of one dept cannot be seen by other department.

Also i have request list portlet for all users and it works well with security model in place.

I just wanted to check if some workaround for search screen is available.

Thanks

Sangiliraja.P

Niraj Prabhu
Outstanding Contributor.

Sangiliraja,

Not sure if you considered the workaround of using the Request List portlet and sharing the dashboard with the users where the bug requests can ve restricted by using Eligible for My Action.
Niraj P.
Sangliraja1
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Niraj,

I have quite a large number of reports and portlets that is being used for getting request details and much more.

My query is only on Advanced Search.

Thanks

Sangiliraja.P

AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

before 9.12, any user was able to search for any request type. In my point of view, this is the correct approach, since request-level security is anyways applied in the search results.

In 9.12, Hp changed this behaviour without documenting this feature. They did not want to document this even  after support cases were raised to them.

Anyways, since our implementations are heavily using tokens in the request access tab (nb: in order to overcome the missing features in the PPM security models), we implemented a workaround by changing the specific view used by the Request Type field in the Request Search form.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem