Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Defaults for Portlets

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
MaxH

Advanced Defaults for Portlets

We are attempting to set different portlets so that when a User logs into PPM, they get either 1 or 2 below on thier dashboard.

1. Only thier own projects, demands or risks
  2. Thier own projects, demands or risks AND thier departments

For some reason, the Advanced Defaults (USER_INFO and/or ENTITY_INFO) are not able to pull in the data.  Typically, the portlet(s) come up blank.  I cannot find any references to the Advanced Defaults in the documentation and am wondering if anyone else has had this particular kind of issue.

any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Max

4 REPLIES
AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Re: Advanced Defaults for Portlets

Hi,

we have been using the Advanced Defaults feature successfully for quite some time.

How are you configuring Advanced Defaults?

Basically you should have the following:

- a portlet with a filter such as Project Manager;

- the filter must be mapped in Advanced Defaults to USER_INFO.

Some of the OOTB portlets do not have such a filter, so maybe you would consider having some custom portlets, based on your requirements.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
MaxH

Hi Alex, thanks for the response.  My portlet is using the OOTB features and one that does include the ability to set the Advanced Defaults.  Unfortunately, when I attempt to put multiple request types (we have demands that are called "Action Items, Risks and Projects) in the portlet since they are different RTs and DO NOT have ALL the same fields, the portlet cannot display correctly.  The portlet is set up to filter for Department Heads and I have even tried to set it to "Elgible for My Action?", but that does not seem to work as well.  I thought about customizing a portlet and can continue down that path, but since the query will involve multiple request types and include many, many fields it will take considerably longer than our managers would like.  I am trying to have something that can filter for each of the department heads when they log in, but cannot seem to find the right "fit" for the task. 

AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Hi, Max,

the issues you describe are not really issues - you can find a lot of solutions via SQL. We have tons of similar requirements from our customers, and we manage to have very good SQL response times.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
MaxH
Solution

Ended up re-creating the portlets and was able to select multiple request types.  Then simply customized the dashboards for each user.  Why is worked on re-creation is beyond me, I suppose PPM just had an issue with the way they were set up.  Thanks.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event