Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin password changed

Highlighted
Liane Axe
Acclaimed Contributor

Admin password changed

Hello,
While logged onto PPM 8.0 with the admin ID, the admin password was changed to admin (so the ID/password was admin/admin) and saved because it was thought that it was necessary for migrations.
Work continued and then saved back to original password.

Now the admin ID will not authenticate to admin as the password or the original password.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how to get the admin ID to authenticate against PPM again, it would be very appreciated.

Thank you for your time.
2 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Admin password changed

You are running PPM authentication for the admin user. Then you need to know the password of any other user and copy the encrypted password value in the table knta_users to the data set of the admin user.
Then you can log in with that known password and change it in the standard interface or the workbench.
Raj Ghimire
Occasional Visitor

Re: Admin password changed

Good Point by Sascha.I have nerver tried it myself but I think it should work. The only trick is that the other user should also have a "PPM" authenticaiton.

But, how about simply using the "kEncrypt.sh" script in PPM_HOME/bin directory to encrypt the password that you want and then populating that encrypted value in the password column in KNTA_USERS table for admin user. I think that should work as well. Give it a try.
-Raj
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event