The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding notes/attachments to my task

Highlighted
Yevgeniy Demche
Super Collector

Adding notes/attachments to my task

We use project management integrated with time management. So, we have lots of users with Time management license only, which use My tasks portlet to commit time and close their tasks. My tasks portlet provides a link to task overview page, with input box for task notes and another for URLs/attachments. This page also have "Save" and "Done" buttons enabled. But if a user writes a comment to his task - he got "You do not have the privilege to take this action. Please consult your PPM Administrator." - exception.
Is it because of licensing? Users can close their tasks, but can't write any comment to them? Or may be there is some access rules, that I missed, allowing users with time management license write notes?
5 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Re: Adding notes/attachments to my task

Just guessing, but do they have the PM > Update Tasks grant?
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Yevgeniy privet!
If yours users have only TM licence whey can't write notes and attach files. Whis is design! As workaround - whaey can add notes in time sheets.

Good luck!
Yevgeniy Demche
Super Collector

That's very strange - they can close their tasks, and they see active, non-grayed input fields and "Save" button, but can't add anything.

Moreover, if I give "Demand management" license to a user, it enables notes saving! Task notes is definetely NOT demand management feature. So, I think it's more like a bug than a design feature.

Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

you need give PM licence. In this case users can add notes and attach files.:-)
Yevgeniy Demche
Super Collector

If I assign Project Management license, user will be able to add notes, for sure. But what about Demand Management license? Why users with Demand Management can add notes too? I don't see any field from demand management on task overview page, and that notes not linked to demands in any way, and Demand management doesn't include Project management!

And why buttons and edit fields remains active if user can't use them? Every user with Time Management license already wrote me a "bug report" about exceptions on saving notes or attachments.

If it's "by design" I think it's not good designed application.

So, thank you any way for your answers.
Ð¡Ð¿Ð°Ñ Ð¸Ð±Ð¾.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event