Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Adding and using a field on a request to one of HP-supplied java portlets

Highlighted
davensky
Trusted Contributor.

Adding and using a field on a request to one of HP-supplied java portlets

Hi,

There is an HP-supplied java portlet definition called Request Activity in PPM. It displays general activity information about ITGRequests. Is there a way to add a field such as Severity into this portlet definition and have the requests listed according to severity? Is there anyone who has already implemented this or a similar one?

One can use for example Priority as one of the fields to define the portlet.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES
dirkf
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Adding and using a field on a request to one of HP-supplied java portlets

Hi davensky, Some portlets like Request Activity , Analyze assignment load portlet etc are java portlets whose queries are built from with the java code using hibernate and you may not be able to able to capture the full SQL. The only option I currently see to view the full SQL would be to enable the logging of the database queries and thus write the SQL to the logserver.txt when the portlet is opened (and consequently the query executed), then create a new portlet by using the query in a custom datasource in Workbench -> Dashboard -> Data Sources. You can then configure the portlet according to your needs, including the columns you need and the sort order. To be quite and utterly honest however, I have never done this before and don’t know if it IS possible. Best regards, Dirk
AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi, davensky,

I would go ahead and create the portlet from scratch. The query behind this specific portlet is quite easy to write.

To be honest, I couldnțt understand why HP decided to implement such portlets (I am also talking about the Request List portlet) as Java portlets.

cheers
alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
davensky
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Dirk, Alex

I would probably have to write one from scratch as you suggest. I am afraid I may still need your help to write one from scratch. 

@ Alex: I would be so grateful if  you can send me the query under the hood?

Thank you