Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a Note or Warning at the beginning of a section in request type?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Andy McMahon_1
Collector

Adding a Note or Warning at the beginning of a section in request type?

I have the need to add a warning, or 'disclaimer' of sorts to the top of a couple of sections in my request type.  Just to clarify, when I say sections, I mean "Summary" or "Details".  I'd like to add a note that says something like, "C&A requirements are necessary for every project. Please contact your security steward if you have questions."  Is there a standard way of doing this?  

Sorry if this has been covered before, I am not really sure on the correct search term for this.  

Thanks! 

7 REPLIES
erik_c
Regular Collector
Solution

Re: Adding a Note or Warning at the beginning of a section in request type?

One easy way to do this is to create a read-only field as the first one in the section, place a ! in the description (this tells PPM to not display the field's label) and just default the value to whatever text you need. You can even embed html. If you have need to apply this to existing requests too, just create an "on page load" rule to apply the value.

We use a similar tactic to display an "extended help" on requests that is dynamic to the workflow step. The actual text is stored in workflow step user data, and an "on page load" rule shows the appropriate text based on the current step:

Andy McMahon_1
Collector

This is what I was *thinking* but I just wanted to verify this would be the most feasible way to go about it.  I really appreciate your help! 

Andy McMahon_1
Collector

Whoops! HTML isn't working. if I want this text to be bold how should I go about it? 

C&A Requirements are ncessary for every project. Please contact your Security Steward if you have questions.

Raj Ghimire
Occasional Visitor

You might want to shorten your Label.

This should work:

<font color="#ff0000">C&A Requirements are Required. Contact your Security with questions.</font>

Thanks.

-Raj

erik_c
Regular Collector

Andy, put <!--HTML--> at the beginning of your text in the field followed by whatever html tags you want, like:

<!--HTML--><b><font color="blue">Your text here.

AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Andy,

there is also the option to add descriptive text in the Description box of the workflow step - it will be displayed right next to the action buttons and it is quite helpful for the users.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
Andy McMahon_1
Collector

Part of me get's happy when it's something this simple.  The other half of me feels like an idiot.:smileywink:

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event