Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Adding Portlet to Project Summary

Highlighted
Derek Giedd
Honored Contributor.

Adding Portlet to Project Summary

We have a new portlet that we need to add to the Project Summary page for all active projects.  I do not know of a way to add this automatically so I started creating a script to add it.  The data model guide does not provide any information on any of the dashboard tables.  The DSH_PORTLETS table has a column UUID.  I attempted to use sys_guid to generate this, but the value generated is not the same format as the existing values in this table.  Hoping it would not matter, I attempted to use this anyway and it appeared to work, however, I was unable to edit the preferences on any portlet until I removed these rows.

Is it possilbe for me to generate a UUID that works and if so, how is the value for the UUID column generated?

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
3 REPLIES
AlfredoMonasi
Honored Contributor.

Re: Adding Portlet to Project Summary

Hi, why don't you add the portlet on the Project Type, instead of trying to insert it by the database? All portlets are active there no matter the status of it.

pepdwill
Honored Contributor.

If he were to add the portlet to the project type, the portlet will show up for new projects, but it won't achieve what he is wanting to do- which is to make the portlet appear for all existing projects.  (At least that's how I've always seen it work).

Derek Giedd
Honored Contributor.

That is correct. When a project is created it makes a copy of the Project Type which is what lets the project settings for each project be changed independently.

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)