The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actuals from time mgt on a task

Highlighted
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Actuals from time mgt on a task

We are about to implement the Time Management module and it seems like before in previous versions a resource could log time to a project task even if it had actuals from Project Management. The Project Management actuals were just overwritten by the time sheet actuals. But now you cannot do this in 9.1? It is saying that we have to "divide each partially completed task into a completed task having the actuals that were previously entered and a new task that will capture subsequent actuals from time sheets"...

Does anyone know a way around this? We have a lot of partially completed tasks...

2 REPLIES
Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Actuals from time mgt on a task

Hi Erik,

I want to clarify what you want: Does "had actuals from Project Management" mean "actuals are entered to tasks by Project Manager" ?

Celil
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
dirkf
Honored Contributor

Re: Actuals from time mgt on a task

Hi Eric,

the design has been this way forever. In 7.1 already (that's as far back as I could check), users received an error when trying to log time against a time sheet (Time Management Module) that already had effort logged against tasks that were added via the Project Management Module.

The fix was and still is:  If you plan to establish integration for a project having tasks that are partially complete, first ensure that actuals are up to date, then divide each partially completed task into a completed task and a new task.

There IS an option to check this where I don't know if it is without any further consequences if changed.

The table wp_work_units holds all the data for this and the column tm_origin (value Y or N) determines whether the work unit holds data from TM- or PM-module. Obviously, TM would be the choice to have so that users can update tasks for timesheets.

If I were you, I'd log a case to find out if there is a feasible way to overcome this issue since the TM-module has only just been added.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Dirk

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event