Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of "My Task" DataSource

Highlighted
Luis Saira
Super Collector

Activation of "My Task" DataSource

Hi All,
I want make a Portlet of type "My Task", but when I start to create a "Portlet definition", in the moment of assign the datasource (In the resource information) is showing the list of datasources availables but not the "My task". Someone knows how to work with this datasource? because in the list of datasource( In the workbench)is showing "My Task" but I can´t copy or modify.

Regards,

Luis

3 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Activation of "My Task" DataSource

Hello Luis,
my tasks is a special java portlet that is not just based on a list type of portlet like my requests. It shows in the workbench to let you enable/disable some filters for it.
The portlet definitions we can create are not suitable for the my task data source. So unfortunately you will need to create a data source from scratch.
Regards
Sascha
Luis Saira
Super Collector

well, if It's not possible, I will have to do it from scratch.
Thanks for all!

Regards,

Luis
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

Hi Luis,

As Sascha mentioned it is a java portlet, so we can't have access to the data source. Even if you decompile the java files, still the data source is not retrievable, since it is stored in usually more than one java file. The data source is created at run time for the same. You may try a couple of options for the same,

1. Put the database logs in debug mode and see if you can get the data source from there (I haven't tried this though).

2. Ask the DBA to trace the data source on this portlet, when you try to update this portlet.

Other important thing is to create portlets like My Tasks, it is not possible to create directly and HP Special Ops is required for the same. Since updating data directly from the portlets is not allowed as a configuration activity. Almost all the portlets in the system are read-only. This type of portlet is unique that HP has not given ways to configure directly.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event