The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Buttons not available for PPM Request

Highlighted
ramana.vkn
Collector

Action Buttons not available for PPM Request

Hi,

We have integrated PPM with QC,

1. When we create a request from PPM, it will automatically create a request in QC and everything works fine

2. When we create a request from QC, it will automatically create a request in PPM, but there are no action buttons available.
In the workflow first step is â Create QC

Defect (ksc_create_defect_in_QC)â .
9 REPLIES
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Re: Action Buttons not available for PPM Request

Query KCRT_REQUESTS and find the Workflow thich this particular Request uses in PPM.

Regards,
Mahendran M
ramana.vkn
Collector

Hi Mahendran,

I checked "KCRT_REQUESTS" table, it is using the correct workflow.

Also, I tried adding myself to security tab and created request from QC, a request in PPM is created automatically and it directly jumped to step9 which is "QC Failure step".

Here I got two action buttons "Retry" and "Cancel", when I clicked on "Retry" I got the actual action buttons that we should get when a request is created.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

I am not an expert in QC, but we can see what happens in PPM can you attach the graphical Workflow of the PPM Request?

Regards,
Mahendran M
ramana.vkn
Collector

Hi Mahendran,

I have attached the screen shot.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Show your command.

Kindly explain how does this command work. I have some basic questions.

"2. When we create a request from QC, it will automatically create a request in PPM, but there are no action buttons available."

You in the above statement told that only when creating request from QC have this problem.

When you create the request from QC then the flow should not go to '1. Create QC Defect' right?

Also in your test environment kindly delete the transition from 1 to 9 'Command execution Error' and advice about the error message which you get in the next request.

Regards,
Mahendran M
ramana.vkn
Collector

You are right, once we create a request in QC, it should create a request in PPM and move to step2.

I have tried deleting the transition between 1 to 9 and created request from QC, but still it is failing, I have attached the screen shots.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Please put all the snaps in Word doc and attach the word doc, I am not able to open the zip from here.

Regards,
Mahendran M
ramana.vkn
Collector

Attached the doc
ramana.vkn
Collector

Hi,

Can some one help me solving this issue please?
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event