Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Access grants for accessing Project workflow actions?

Highlighted
happa
Super Contributor.

Access grants for accessing Project workflow actions?

Hello,

We are currently using PPM version 9.14.0002.

Can anyone please leyt me know what is/are the access grants one should have to access the Project workflow actions?

I mean to be able to able to promote the projects to next steps.

We are facing an issue where a user who is the Project Manager(Operational Project Leader) cannot promote the projects to next steps (cannot even view the buttons of available actions) even though having the "Projct mgmt: Edit Projects" access grants assigned to him.

Please let me know what is/are the access grants one should have to access the Project workflow actions?

Thanks in Advance,

Santhosh

3 REPLIES
Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Access grants for accessing Project workflow actions?

Check the securty at workflow step; it is also driven by that.

Secodly the user should also be given "Edit Request" grant in USER ACCESS tab within Project Request type.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
happa
Super Contributor.

Hi Utkarsh,

The scenario here is that the Operation Project Leader can be anyone even with a simple PPM-User access grants. So when a user is assigned as project leader, he/she should be able to access the project phase steps buttons only of the projects for which he/she is assigned.

Please let me know hot to configure the above scenario?
Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

Just add this token in User access tab within Request type; and also add this token in Workflow step security.

On doing so they will be able to edit request and will be able to take workflow action.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)