Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Access for Mass Update Functionality for Requests in PPMC 7.5

Highlighted
Nitesh Gupta
Regular Contributor.

Access for Mass Update Functionality for Requests in PPMC 7.5

In PPMC 7.5, we have the functionality to update multiple requests simultaneously (Mass Update). Our Requirement is to restrict this functionality to certain roles.
Can any one suggest if this is possible and if yes then how.

Thanks,
Nitesh
2 REPLIES
sradtke
Super Contributor.

Re: Access for Mass Update Functionality for Requests in PPMC 7.5

Hi Nitesh,

i have the same problem. Because we can't use the mass update functionality in our case.

my problem is, when you make a request search, i select specific columns for the search result page. I also select the general description field, but which in not editable, visible in any step. But the user need this column to get infos, on which requests he will make the mass update. When you select your specific requests and click mass update, the next page shows you all of your selected cloumns, independed of the status dependenices. And that's the problem. Now the user can enter a description because the field is visible and editable on the mass update page, but when he wants to make a workflow action, the system blocked this action because of the status dependencies for the description field. So this behaviour makes the end user really confused.

Can you follow me? That's why we want to restrict mass update to specific security groups.

Thx
Sascha
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Access for Mass Update Functionality for Requests in PPMC 7.5

The mass update function follows the same access rules as the requests themselves and cannot be limited in any way. You could remove it from the jsp all together of course.
If there was a way to limit access to this functions, we would do so too. Especially because it is sometimes tricky too use. But we do have some power users who need it frequently, so removing it from the jsp is not an option.