SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Mikia
Super Collector

APPROVED PROPOSAL'S SNAPSHOT IN DATABASE

Hi,
we will migrate PPM 7.6 to PPM 8.02.
we want to know how approved proposal's snapshot are managed in database.
How can I extract data from approved proposal's snapshot (not from Financial Summary modified by Project)?
Which are the tables?
Thanks for your help
5 REPLIES
Andrea Loi

Re: APPROVED PROPOSAL'S SNAPSHOT IN DATABASE

Hi,

are you asking about Snapshots in PPM8?

If yes, snapshot are stored in same tables as Financial Summaries.
Table FM_FINANCIAL_SUMMARY contains a few fields used by snapshot: PLAN_OF_
RECORD_FLAG, ACTIVE_FS_ID, SNAPSHOT_SEQ, ENTITY_TYPE.
For more details, see Data Model Guide (hp_man_PPM8.00_DataModelGd_pdf.pdf, page 104).

Note that in PPM8 Financial summary is the same for Proposals and Projects derived by them.
But migrators will not unify existing Budgets.
So you will have different Financial Summaries for Projects created in PPM7 and same Financial Summary for Projects created in PPM8.
For example, see http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1468646

Hope that it's useful
Andrea

Mikia
Super Collector

Hi Andrea,
yes, I'm asking about Snapshots in PPM8.
Thanks for your answer.
I study carefully "hp_man_PPM8.00_DataModelGd_pdf.pdf" and I understand the ploblems that we will have with Financial Summary in 8.0.
We have datasources (for custom Portlet)in 7.5 that uses proposal's budget. So we want to extract data from approved proposal's SNAPSHOT in 8.0 (not from Financial Summary modified by Project).
Is it clearer? I don't find in documentation fields which contain that information. I understand that if I extract data from tables I extract information from Financial Summary (or some snapshots), but I want extract data from a specific snapshot (approved proposal's SNAPSHOT); i don't know how to recognize it.
Thanks
Andrea Loi

The easiest way to find approved snapshot is to start from Proposal where you find a field containing approved snapshot.
See table KCRT_FG_PFM_PROPOSAL and fields PROP_APPROVED_SNAPSHOT_ID and PROP_APPROVED_SNAPSHOT_NAME (Page. 219)

Have a good morning
Andrea

Mikia
Super Collector

Thanks Andrea.

I found this field in table KCRT_FG_PFM_PROPOSAL and fields PROP_APPROVED_SNAPSHOT_ID and PROP_APPROVED_SNAPSHOT_NAME
When I haven't an approved proposal, are those fiels "null"?Because when I write the datasources I must divide the two cases (the proposals that use "prop_financial_summary_id" and the proposals that use "prop_approved_snapshot_id").

Thanks for your help
Regards,
Mara :)
Andrea Loi
Solution

Hi Mara,

I remember that they are NULL until you approve the Proposal.
I remember that they are added to the Proposal when you create the snapshot (by the way if you are using your old Proposal process, you have to add a it to your workflow. Migration manuals explain it in details).

I suggest you to perform a few tests (I really hope that you migrate TEST environment before PROD).

Have a good morning
Andrea

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event