cancel

A way to email dashboard pages or portlets as PDFs

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Greg_Shrout
Super Contributor.

A way to email dashboard pages or portlets as PDFs

Users have a way of looking at things differently from us, don't they?
I have a user that is asking if a dashboard page, which I have created as a module, could be converted to PDF and emailed on a regualar basis, like monthly.
I know you can set up reports to run regularly and email out the results, but what about dashboard pages, or portlets?
3 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: A way to email dashboard pages or portlets as PDFs

Greg, you could set up some kind of report that contained the same data as your module but even then PPM only e-mails a link to the report and not the report itself.

Users can export dashboard pages & portlets to PDF, but I don't know how you would automate this, if that's what you're asking, since the page has to be loaded first.

Maybe a third-party reporting tool can accomplish this?
Greg_Shrout
Super Contributor.

Nah, I've just got users that like to tinker and push the app in all sorts of ways for which it was not intended. If they thought about having PPM reach out and start their car for them in the winter, they'd ask for it.
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hmm...this gives me an idea... ;) Actually, if you can do something with a shell/SQL/other script on a server somewhere, PPM can probably trigger it. Now if their car could respond to an e-mail....