Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

A request stuck

Highlighted
sevcan
Super Contributor.

A request stuck

Hey all,

I have a request which follows the old workflow. But the Workflow is still in the system and active. It stuck in an execution in the below status tab it says Unsupported Validation but the validation for the execution is the generic Numeric text field validation. Here are the screen shots. Do you have any idea how can I move thr request to the further steps?

Thank ahead,

Sev

22 REPLIES
Mohit_Agrawal
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: A request stuck

Hi Sev,

Just go to the execution step in the workflow and then check whether the used validation is enabled or not. And also check what values are in the validation, is it returing the all possible values as shown in the outgoing arrows from that step.

Thanks!!

Mohit Agrawal

sevcan
Super Contributor.

Hi Mohit,
The sql in the execution return a number, 2 and the transition arrows are !=0 or 0 so I think the transitions does not have a problem. Also, the validation is enabled. the validation is "Numeric Text field" which has all the from -999999 to 999999 so I think it does not have any problem with the return values.
Mohit_Agrawal
Outstanding Contributor.

does this execution step returns a random number or some particular numbers?
SureshR
Super Contributor.

Hi Sevcan,

Please check the error message from the Trasaction Details Link located at the bottom of page. Also you can trace the server log at the time when you are progressing the Request.

Cheers!!!

sevcan
Super Contributor.

The execution returns the number of the reference request attached to this request which is 2 in this case.

I checked the transaction log, it did not throw any error on the that log. I ca not do anything with the request so I can not trace the log. It does not give me any button or any reaction. It is completely stuck .
SureshR
Super Contributor.

For progressing the Request follow the following steps:

1) Open Workflow in Workbench.

2) Edit the execution step.

3) Go to the Security tab

4) Assign any security group like ITG Adminstrator

5) Save the WF

It will give you the Action button on the stucked requests. 

Cheers!!

sevcan
Super Contributor.

Admin is already defined in the securtiy tab. I even change the type of the execution to the manual but it does not give the action buttons. Because something went wrong with this execution. I even try to use move function but it did not work.

SureshR
Super Contributor.

what command you are using to move the request.... Is it based on the request status. Can u send me the same also. Just on a quick check... Have u tried with the Server restart?

Also you can try to replicte the issue again and same time trace the sever logs as well.

Cheers!

sevcan
Super Contributor.

This error is in the Prod environment I can not restart the server as I wish. I have to wait till after work hours . Since this is production I can not replicte the issue.

I use this command to move
ksc_move_request_workflow REQUEST_ID="[REQD.P.REQUEST_NO]" FROM_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ="[REQD.P.CURRENT_STEP]" EVENT_NAME="FORCE_TRANSITION" TO_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ="[REQD.P.TO_STEP]" RESULT_VISIBLE_VALUE="Succeeded"
TurboMan
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

Why not trying to run

begin

kcrt_request_util.move_request_workflow(:p_request_id, :p_user_id, :p_step_from, 'FORCE_TRANSITION', 'Succeeded', null, null, :p_step_to, 'Y');

end;

in the SQL Navigator or TOAD kind of orcle tools?

Instead of in the Execution step?

sevcan
Super Contributor.

should I put the numbers in the brackets like workflow(103335,1,23,'Force_transition','succeeded',null,null,25,'Y') ?
sevcan
Super Contributor.

I tried it. It did not worked. Nothing happened.

TurboMan wrote:

Hi,

Why not trying to run

begin

kcrt_request_util.move_request_workflow(:p_request_id, :p_user_id, :p_step_from, 'FORCE_TRANSITION', 'Succeeded', null, null, :p_step_to, 'Y');

end;

in the SQL Navigator or TOAD kind of orcle tools?

Instead of in the Execution step?

TurboMan
Honored Contributor.

Sevcan, probably you didn't commit.

Try

begin

kcrt_request_util.move_request_workflow(103335, 1, '23', 'FORCE_TRANSITION', 'Succeeded', null, null, '25', 'Y');

commit;

end;

sevcan
Super Contributor.

I run this one as well, nope It did not work.

Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

Check the contents of the database table knta_interface_errors. Some errors are recorded there.

TurboMan
Honored Contributor.

Or you can try the followings,

First turn on the SQL Output (dbms_output) 

then run the kcrt_request_util.move_request_workflow procedure, it will print out a group_id, run the following query with this group_id, it will tell you why it doesn't move the step.

SELECT *
FROM knta_interface_errors
WHERE group_id = :group_id
AND message_type_id IN (10)
AND NOT EXISTS (SELECT 'INTERFACE HAS 5 AND 7'
FROM kwfl_transactions_int
WHERE process_phase = 5 AND
process_status = 7);

Hope it helps

SureshR
Super Contributor.

Can u try again with the following query:

declare
temp varchar(
200);
begin
TEMP := KCVS_UTILITIES. move_request_in_wf
    (p_request_id             =>
    ,p_user_id                =>
    ,p_from_workflow_step_seq =>
    ,p_to_workflow_step_seq   =>
    ,p_return_status          =>
'Complete'
    ,p_event                  =>
'FORCE_TRANSITION'
    ,p_run_interface          =>
'TRUE');

dbms_output.put_line(temp);
end;

Mohit_Agrawal
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Sev,

For proceeding this stuck request further, you can go for the above suggested solutions. However for permanent fix of this problem, you can implement as suggested below:

What you can do is: just return two values (Say 'Yes' and 'No') from the execution step and use a validation (say 'Yes/No dropdown list).
In the execution step, use a function which calculates the number of refrence requests. If the refrences calculates to Zero (0) then return 'No' else return 'Yes'.

This would surely work.

Thanks!!
Mohit Agrawal

Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

Can you post a screen shot of the step definition and the commands used to set the return value (if they are not in the step definition itself)?

Chandru
Valued Contributor.

Hi Sev,

Please try executing the below script and let me know if any issues.

ksc_move_request_workflow REQUEST_ID="103335"
FROM_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ="23"
EVENT_NAME="FORCE_TRANSITION" RESULT_VISIBLE_VALUE="Succeeded"
TO_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ="25"

Regards,

Chandru

akibrahim
Contributor.

hi.. what was the solution to this problem? i'm facing the same issue

didu
Contributor.

This is a very old posting but here's a suggestion.  I had a similar problem a few days ago and I found the solution in another post on this site.

The solution was to cancel the request, using the cancel button on the bottom of the request, then re-open the request. This reloaded all the security tokens and displayed the buttons.