The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9.1 - Language Pack deployement

Highlighted
ppm9
Regular Collector

9.1 - Language Pack deployement

Hi,

We will be soon upgrading from 7.1 to 9.1. Once on 9.1, we will be deploying Language packs.

I would like to know an estimated effort for language pack deployments.

Also, please advise on issues related to this deployments and any known impact of this deployment

Thank you.

4 REPLIES
d4y4n4
Frequent Visitor

Re: 9.1 - Language Pack deployement

Hi,

You may want to check the recommendations provided in the Deployment Best Practices Guide http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM995157
It is hard to provide an estimated effort since it will depends on your environment.

Hope this helps

Regards,
Dayana Campos
ppm9
Regular Collector

Thanks Dayana for the document.

I would like to understand a rough estimate(like 1 week to 1 month, etc.) for language pack deployment as this is grey area for me.

Thank you.

Kerim KILIC
Frequent Visitor

1 hour :) for turkish lp deployment failed for some pages so we have to run import script after deploying lp may be you will face this kind of issue. what you have to do then rerun

sh kImportAttributes.sh –username admin -password <pass> -directory mlu/HPContentTranslations/<lp code>
sh kImportAttributes.sh –username admin -password <pass> -directory mlu/bestpractices/<lp code>
dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi all,

just my two cents:

While the language pack deployment is speedy and needs little adjustments for out-of-the-box entities for all languages (and has the advantage that all later Service Packs also automatically add LP-attributes for new OOTB-entities), you should not underestimate the effort needed to translate customized entitities and their attributes. Since no-one can judge on how customized your environment will be (or is now) after the upgrade, it won't be possible to give any estimations on the work, certainly not when not knowing how many resources will be involved in deployment.

Anyone from Professional Services Organization that is involved daily with such work might be able to give some sort of estimation in rough manday-values when having an overview on the grade of customization - without, anything is just hypothetical.

Best regards,

Dirk

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event