The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8.0 portlet issues

Highlighted
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

8.0 portlet issues

While testing 8.0 SP1, we're having some issues with portlets not loading - they're not timing out either, just displaying the little thermometer icon indefinitely. We're seeing this behavior in both the OOTB Request List and Request Summary Bar Chart portlets.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

4 REPLIES
koya
Regular Collector

Re: 8.0 portlet issues

Did you see this issue in 8.0 GA too. Curious if this issue is specific to 8.0 SP1 only.

Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

No, it was in the base 8.0 as well.
Kari Sweeney
Super Collector

We are in the middle of upgrading from 7.5 SP4 (in which they fixed some of the Request List portlet timeout issues) to 8.0 SP1. And in every environment we upgrade to 8.0, that Request List timeout issue is being re-introduced. This is the issue where the portlet times out, and says that you need to define more criteria.
Erik - just curious...have you made any progress with your portlet issues? We have a critical case open with HP about ours, and so far we're not getting much help from them. Anyways - if you have discovered anything, I'd appreciate it if you let me know.

thanks,
Kari
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Hi Kari,

I think we finally got resolution by changing some DB settings. I'll attach the list, but I'm still not 100% convinced it was a database issue since in our testing we never experienced issues running the queries from sqlplus, just from within PPM. But after applying the recommended settings and bouncing the DB we are not experiencing the issues. Go figure.

Good luck!
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event