Unable to playback Vugen script which contains NTLM authentication with a HTTPS SSO site. 401 Error
There is a requirement in our project where a particular site should be accessed by any windows local user (The user name is not specific and only criteria is that username should be a local user). The system throws access denied error if it finds the user belongs to any domain groups. I created a local user and accessed the site manually with no problems but when it comes to load runner. I receive 401 Authorization error.
I have tried many options out of which few of main options I am listing below
1) Played the script with WinInet replay engine for which I receive following error Error -27492: "HttpSendRequest" failed, Windows error code=12045 (invalid Certification Authority) and retry limit (0) exceeded for URL="https://xyz.com”
I know this is related to invalid/unverified certificate presented by server is there any way to bypass this error.
2) Recorded the script with WinInet engine and replayed with both sockets and wininet engine
3) Manually I have set the local user in the script using web_set_user(“machinename\\username”,”password”,”server:port”); as well tried “Use Windows NTLM Implementation” in Run time settings – > preferences – >options Played the script through logging in as same user
4) Placed web_set_sockets_option("SSL_VERSION","TLS"); which I found after analyzing recording logs and was able to successfully negotiate/handshake manually with the settings applied in sockets option
5) Went through all the KB articles related to NTLM listed at HP support
Please note that in my previous assignment I had a similar NTLM Authentication requirement except that the user was a domain group one and the site was plain HTTP hosted on IIS where I was able to play the script successfully for more then 100 Vusers
As a basis for start please find below the header information from my previous project and current project (In which I am facing the issue)
Header information for NTLM with HTTPS (Current Project)
Re: Unable to playback Vugen script which contains NTLM authentication with a HTTPS SSO site. 401 Error
The certificate presented by the server is invalid and manually we bypass it by adding it to exception. In LR as u told I have tried all options used both web_set_cer and web...set..ex functions but still same response.