Ok so when we have 2007 office without the compatibility pack Trim 6.2 either 5 or 4. .doc files are checked in as .docx files and when we try and edit them the message comes up Contents do not match. The only way this can be fixed that I can see is to check them out and back in again as the right extention. Am I missing something here that can fix this?
I am having the exact same issue all of a sudden. For some reason with some users, when they save word documents or excel spreadsheets they are saving in 2007 extensions and the error message appears when someone tries to 'Edit' the document.
I have checked to see if Word or Excel is defaulted to use the .docx file extension automatically when saving but it isn't so I don't know why this is happening.
Hopefully someone will be able to provide an answer!
yeah defaulting to save as .doc helps a little in the fact that you can insert them and it recognizes them as the right file type but files that are already inside trim still have the same issue. I thought going from 6.2.4 to 6.2.5 might fix this issue because 6.2.5 was supposed to address alot of integration issues but hasn't seemed to fix this one.
This is a known issue with ODMA integration. best way around it is to get the users to save all exisitng 2003 office documents to a local drive and then send to TRIM. The fix for documents within TRIM with the incorrect file extension is as you said, check the document out, change the extension and check in.
Hopefully HP will create a work around when they develop the Office 2010 intengration.
We actually had a very similary issue in 6.23 1147 when we were operating in a mixed 2003/2007 Office environment.
Our issue was that 2007 word documents were getting saved with a .doc extension which caused a version mismatch error the next time someone tried to view the document.
Rather then having to educate the business on the workaround I ended up adding our own User Definded event handler to the TRIM Event server which would check for the mismatch and when identified would check out the document, correct the extension and check the record back in.