I need help on how to proceed with installing HP ALM 11. Below are history on what I've done:
1. I have downloaded the HP ALM 11.
2. Install it in single machine (Win 2003 32bit + SQL Server 2005). I login to this machine as Administrator
3. During installation, I choose to use JBoss app server
4. Next, I leave everything blank for HP ALM Platform Service page. Reason, I want to use local system account to run HP ALM Platform service (my machine didn't joined any domain)
5. I choose to use IIS web server
6. I choose 'none' in Mail Server page
7. Next, in 'Database server' page:
7.1 - I select MS-SQL (SQL Auth.) for Database type.
7.2 - I enter my server name(i.e. mstb) in 'DB host name'
7.3 - I leave default (1433) for 'DB port number'
7.4 - I leave everything else blank.
7.5 - I click next.
Here is where I'm stuck. Error pop up "You must run the installation with the same username that is used to run JBoss as a service". I'm sure my DB name and port is correct and SQL server is running. What I did wrong?
1. currently my machine is clean without JBoss. I want ALM to install JBoss for me.
2. I'm using evaluation key for this ALM installation.
Please help. I am new in this. Thanks
P.S. This thread has been moevd from from Performance Center Support and News Forum to LoadRunner Support Forum. - Hp forum Moderator
I have a problem installing ALM 11 on my laptop that runs Windows Vista Service Pack 2!. I downloaded the software from HP website, unzipped th folder and tried to install. Any idea or opinion is highly appreciated as I a m totally new to the test management tools, only in the last three days I have heard about this thing and I am trying to learn how to use this software.
Also I just created a username and HP paspport and want to know how to initiate a topic o discuss as I believe I am replying to someone topic.
Re: Problem installing HP ALM 11.50 on WINDOWS 2008 R2
I have an issue installing ALM 11.50 on top of MS SQL Server 2008 R2. In the HP ALM Service step in the installation wizard it's asking for username\password and it's also mentioning that I can introduce no credentials (in this case the local system account will be used)
Whatever I'm providing I receive a message saying "You must run the installation with the same user name that is used to run the ALM server as a service"
If I'm using MS SQL auth. I cannot pass the next step when I'm receiving "User 'td' already exists..." even I don't have any td user...