I'm making an attempt to test an application based on Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g. Specifically, I'm working with Oracle Retail Merchandising System. RMS uses Java 1.6_25. The application launches a Java applet via browser.
Has anyone successfully tested with Oracle Fusion 11g?
Here's a brief summary of what I've seen: * While recording with Web+NCA protocol, only web functions are recorded * While recording with Oracle Web11i, only web functions are recorded * While recording Java over http only web functions are recorded and the BodyBinary data (see below) still causes issues with improper playback * While recording with Web, (of course) web functions are recorded * As an aside, TruClient used to work for recording but the app mysteriously moved outside the browser into a Java App. TruClient no longer works.
The problem with the web functions are that regardless of actual outcome (for example, creating an item) we receive an http 200 (ok) for any request that is made. So I'm seeing success on playback when the script is actually erroring somewhere.
The origin of the problem (I think) lies in the binary data being passed from client to server. Nearly every web call has BodyBinary content. I believe it is this BodyBinary which is not properly being correlated. There's also a ton of binary coming back in the responses. I suppose maybe this binary needs analysis and correlation. But... is there a different way?
Two questions: 1. Has anyone ever tested Oracle Fusion and if so what is the best method and protocol? 2. Generally in terms of testing Java applications, could I get a hold of .jar files and leverage them to create a more understandable data structure from the binary data? How big of a job is that?
1. RMS uses Oracle forms and should be working ok with the Oracle NCA + Web protocol. I am working on RMS scripts (not recording though from scratch) and hence it could be a version mismatch. Do this ... Open a new OracleNCA + Web Protocol, then save it on you disk. Go into the script directory, and you should be able to see a default.cfg file. Add the following to it :
Save the file.
Open the script from vugen and try recording.
Repeat the above with 0,1,2,3 as values for the TimerWaitMode.
2. Java based thick clients including swings and applets download the jars to the local machine on invocation. These jar file locations should be configured on the classpath / passed to lr to enable recording. However I doubt if that is what you need for the NCA protocol you are facing with RMS.
Sure. Here's a very basic script that simply logs in. Notice the BodyBinary data. Not sure why vugen wouldn't see that data as an NCA call. There must be something wrong in my config (or possibly app config?), but I haven't figured out what it is yet.
EDIT: Regarding IPv6, when I look at the traffic in wireshark it was all IPv4, so I can safely assume there is no IPv6 involved.
Now this is my problem too. I know a colleague who is facing the same problem.
Interestingly, in your script the NCA traffic is recorded ( "GDay" ) as web custom request.
Which tells me that the issue is with LR not recognizing and decrypting the NCA traffic as needed.
Add on, the colleague was successfully working with the older version of Oracle Forms without any issue, its only the latest version of forms which he had an issue with. PLUS, since trying the new version via VUGEN, even the older version forms seems not to record.
So i reckon this is a problem for the support to solve. Please keep us updated on the progress.
If you're seeing this behavior and all other configs are correct you'd need to contact HP for the hotfix (I was asked to not post here). You won't have permission to see the SR, but if you reference my SR (4645231194) I'd hope the HP support person could quickly find the hotfix and provide to you so you don't have to wait as long as I did to find it.
I still have an unusual issue in that vugen doesn't appear to recover from code generation, but I think I need a reboot. Action.c now has NCA calls when I view it via the file system.
This defect was apparently discovered a couple hours after 11.52 was released. I was told that it is scheduled for the next service pack.
This fix breaks design studio, so now that I'm able to record NCA traffic I'm unable to perform auto-correlation. I hadn't realized how accustomed I've gotten to Design Studio (easily navigating the correlations is very nice) until it broke!
This is why vugen doesn't recover after code generation, it's trying to bring up an unresponsive design studio.
So yes, the primary issue of this thread is resolved but unfortunately another issue has been put in its place. I've emailed the second level support person for an answer. If I receive an answer, I'll post it here.
Do you think you can do me a solid and post your nca_set_connect_opt info here?
I can't establish a connection to my NCA server, so I'm thinking I need to change my connect options. Of course I've already tried increasing the max retries and retry interval. No luck.
I'm going to have to open another ticket with HP if I can't get this figured out in the next few hours, but I figure if I can successfully use your connection settings easily and quickly we can save HP, my client and me some grief.
I doing a POC to identify protocols supported to do scripting in Oracle Retail Suits like ORMS, ORPM & ReSA. As per my reserach I decideWeb htttp/html + Oracle NCA would be the most successive protocol, but still I am confused over Oracle Web 11.g Protocol.
Hence I request your expertise and any one of can provide a suggestion to fix the protocols for the above mentioned applications. Awaiting for reply