I'd appreciate a little more information on Google Chrome, what exactly is supported and the means and extent to which I can use vugen with Chrome.
I have an application which works only on Chrome. I have attempted to record traffic with vugen on Chrome but have been unsuccessful.
I think I can use vugen to record Chrome traffic because:
* KM00417677 says it's possible. The phrases: "The current solution has been tested on versions up to 25" and "Chrome version updates occur constantly and do not introduce dramatic changes. So these versions can be supported as well." make me think my current version, 26.0.1410.43 is supported
* 11.52 Loadrunner user guide says "Chrome support for the Web HTTP/HTML protocol has been added for recording, and additional browser emulation features during script replay"
* This thread says I need to add [NoTrap] \n Application1=chrome.exe to vugen.ini and copy it to C:\Windows, I've done that
However, I still can't record.
* Using vugen 11.52 I open a web http/html script
* I hit the record button and choose "web browser" from the record dropdown (as opposed to Windows app or LR proxy)
* Chrome is not in that list by default so I find the executable and put it into the path
* I put in my clear text, non-ssl url
* Once I hit start recording a Chrome tab opens up, the vugen recording toolbar starts and (1) event is recorded. Regardless of actions I take while on my newly opened tab I have no recorded events
* I attempt to record against a control URL (google.com) and cannot record against that URL either
1. Am I taking the correct actions here, or should I be recording a different way?
2. I've downloaded Chrome v11 and will try that next but is v11 required with vugen 11.52 or is v26.x supported?
3. I assume any truclient possibility is out with Chrome, and the only option is web (http/html) is this correct?
I did not have all my Chrome windows closed prior to recording so I will definitely try this once I'm on my work computer tomrrow morning.
However, Chrome does not appear in my drop down list for browsers and I am running 11.52. As I said, I had to find the executable and manually add it, so I kind of doubt vugen "knows" it's the Chrome browser. Not sure why it's not in my dropdown.
Quick EDIT: Thanks for checking out the v26 thing. That strikes one potential problem off the list.
For the benefit of those who may encounter this on a search...
I had at least two problems.
1) Vugen didn't like my configuration. I had to completely uninstall and reinstall vugen. I also went through and deleted registry entries, folders, etc. A "clean" uninstall.
2) To show up in the browser option drop down, a special install of Chrome must be performed. You can NOT install Chrome using the typical download link (google.com/chrome). You must install for "all users" (i.e. in the program files dir, since Chrome doesn't typically install there). You can find the "alternate" Chrome install here, as a link on this page... http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=126299
As mentioned above, there can be no other open Chrome windows at the beginning of your recording and I'd also recommend clearing your cache, despite the fact that vugen launches in incognito mode.
The configuration problem is known and is caused by the Microsoft installer (see my earlier post on this topic on this forum). I hope we will be able to resolve this in future versions.
About the special version of Chrome, I have to disagree with you, you can install the regular version of Chrome and it should work. A problem that I can think of is that some other user installed Chrome for all users and then VuGen can't see it from your user. I asked our QA team to investigate this issue but I must emphesize that the regular installation of Chrome should work.
I too faced a similar problem - Albeit using LR 11.4. Chrome Browser was not getting launched, until I installed chrome again while Logged in using My id, even though Chrome was installed already on the machine using another User id.
Thank you for the response. I'll give you a little more info on what I was seeing, if that helps. I'd love to know if you guys see it. I wasn't taking a methodical, QA testing approach so it's possible I missed something but I can tell you I didn't see Chrome show up in my drop down until it was installed under Program Files (x86).
I had a Chrome install, but it was under my app data directory. I could still record Chrome as a seperate, customized executable under the drop down and was able to record events, but I couldn't get Chrome to launch in incognito mode using vugen. At that point I uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled it under Program Files.
I guess the initial Chrome install could've been corrupt in some other way but a coworker of mine had his Chrome browser installation under Program Files and that's what made me think of it. Please feel free to email me if there are any other details I may be able to provide.