I am using VUGen v 12 to access apps through a Citrix storefront presented in a browser, using IE,
I record using Citrix ICA and HTTP. The entire recording executes without trouble. Playback does not work – ending with web 403 error at a web_submit_data statement. Access denied to a folder. With testing, I also get a 403 error at web_custom_request. This Is only on playback.
Record options are set to use “explicit URLs only”, not the “user actions” choice. Playback options include setting “WinInet replay instead of Sockets (Windows only)”.
Playback does not work even if I do not open the target application. I get the error even if the only thing I do is open the web storefront.
What can I do to diagnose and resolve this roadblock?
When the recording completess, LoadRunner/VUGen tells me that no correlation occurrences were found. I do not see any referecnce to "sessionid" in the script. If correlation variables are in the headers, how do I get to them and parameterize them?
The fact that the autocorrelation scan finds nothing doesnt mean that no correlations are missing, check on the logs/snapshots what was send/receive during recording and what was send/receive during replay.
I looked at the syntax for the web_add_header. It looks like it is
web_add_header (<object name>, <object value>)
and it just gets added to other header objects.
I don't really know what is in the header. If a sessionid is in the header, I don't understand the result of adding the sessionid again. Does it get inserted before or after other other header objects?
I tried using web_save_header to see header contents and playback said the header was saved in a message, but I did not see how to display the message. How do I see the message?
Are there functions for paramterizing values, specifically sessionids or vales that act like sessioids? I only know about form variables that I can paramterize by highlighting in a script.
I changed my approach, so not really solved but not attacking the problem from a different angle. I am by-passing the Citrix storefront and using the Citrix ICA file sent by the server. With this approach, results seem to change from trial to trail. I suspect 1. the state in which I left the previous record/replay is affecting the new replay - maybe because of our Citrix and server configuration, and 2. minute differences in paths changes replay results. These might require inserting functions. Example: previous run replayed ok, this run sticks at a Start window and error mentions window not active - this might just need a function like lr_focus, which I need to reseach now.
A teammate tells me that Citrix replay sometimes needs a lot of attention after the recording is made in order to produce a script suitable for testing multiple users.....
So, for now, with mixed results, I am using a workaround instead of a solution and will return later.
I am experiencing the same issue - 403 forbidden issue.
Following Editus advice, I ran the recording and compared the Recording headers vu the Replay headers. I found there were few headers information missing/differences in the Replay headers e.g X-Citrix-IsUsingHTTPS:, X-Requested-With:. I then manually added the header information using web_add_auto_header function prior to the URL request in question and it worked. Editus was correct in saying the issue can be resolved with correlation.
POST /Citrix/XenApp/Home/Configuration HTTP/1.1 Accept: application/xml, text/xml, */*; q=0.01 Cache-Control: no-cache Referer: http://citrixweb.XXX.com/Citrix/XenApp/ User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0) Accept-Language: en-au Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate Host: citrixweb.xxx.com Connection: Keep-Alive Cookie: CtxsDeviceId=WR_syX4h2AF9-zMyLasx; BIGipServer~INTERNAL~P_citrixweb_xxx_com_http_int=rd2o00000000000000000000ffff0a2a8b96o80 Content-Length: 0 X-Citrix-IsUsingHTTPS: No X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest