HPE Software is now Micro Focus
HPE Software is now Micro Focus
IT Operations Management (ITOM)
cancel

OMi Subcomponent HIs: Granular HIs without creating CIs in RTSM

Re: OMi Subcomponent HIs: Granular HIs without creating CIs in RTSM

Mgoyal

Hi IanGates, Thanks for your commenst and further sharing the update. My apologies for not responding to your comment earlier - somehow I never got notified about it!

Do let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Mamta

0 Kudos
About the Author

Mgoyal

Comments
Senior Member.

Hi Mgoyal,

This is the best explanation I've seen on the use of the subCiHint.

However...I'm not seeing the same results with my own HealthIndicators.

Are there any situations where this does not work? Should subCiHints still work with custom HIs and KPIs? Are there any changes or combinations of settings  in 

Infrastructure settings -> Operations Management - Change State of Related Events Settings 

OR

Infrastructure settings -> Operations Management - Duplicate Events Suppression Settings  

that would prevent the subCIHint behaviour you describe above?

Senior Member.

Just in case this helps anyone else, the answer to my problem was:

If you have already sent in HIs and triggered KPIs against the CI without using a subcihint then they will never be taken into account in the future when you do send them in. All previous HIs / KPIs need to be removed (not just reset) from the CI to get the CI in a state where subcihints can be used going forward. I'll post more info after a bit more testing...

Micro Focus Expert

Hi IanGates, Thanks for your commenst and further sharing the update. My apologies for not responding to your comment earlier - somehow I never got notified about it!

Do let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Mamta