IT Operations Management (ITOM)
cancel

Now with more integration - Storage Operations Manager

Now with more integration - Storage Operations Manager

MichaelProcopio

Guest post by Kara McMillan, Product Manager Storage Management

Growth in data, the need to retain business information for compliance, and storage of multimedia impacts storage management of all storage devices. At the same time Cloud and virtualization offer performance and management efficiencies, they also make management of storage resources very complex.  This complexity drives the requirement for IT Administrators to understand the usage and performance of their storage capacity, how that capacity is growing, and to which servers storage can be allocated. For a medium-sized business, let alone an Enterprise, this can be an extremely difficult and time-consuming task.

At my Discover session, RT9129 Thu 9 June 9:00-10:00am.,  I’ll talk about what’s new in HPE Storage Operations Manager (SOM) and we’ll cover a customer use case.

First the use case – a large US investment bank implemented SOM. We will cover the process and learnings.

The “what’s new” falls into two categories integrations and analytics.

The new version of SOM includes integrations with uCMDB (universal Configuration Management Database), OBR (Operations Bridge Reporter) and OMi (Operations Manager i).

Storage analytics is a primary function of SOM. I’ll cover how we use analytics for capacity and performance optimization for both physical and virtual.                                                                                             

This session will be of interest to those directly involved in storage and other operations professionals at the VP, Director and Manager levels.

You’ll walk away knowing how:

1. Storage analytics can help reclaim lost/unused storage
  2. Storage analytics can help determine when new storage needs to be purchased
  3. Storage Events can be managed along with the full IT event environment in OMi
  4. Storage Configuration Items (CIs) can be managed with the full IT environment in UCMDB

Please join me and my team at Discover to see the full presentation and Storage Operations Manager live on the demo floor.

1. SOM will be demonstrated at the SOM booth in the Software Area
  2. SOM will be used to demonstrate High Availability of the HPE XP array in the Storage area
  3. SOM futures will be discussed in the Tech Showcase (NDA area) at the XP booth.
  4. In addition to our presentation, we welcome you to join one of two roundtable discussions we will be hosting. We will discuss what new technologies storage customers are using - or planning to use - in their Storage environments, storage management pain points, and storage capacity optimization.

Round tables - RT9080 Thursday, June 09, 2016 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. 

And RT9129 Wednesday, June 08, 2016 04:00 p.m. - 05:00 p.m.

About the author

Kara McMillan.jpg

Kara McMillan is the Product Manager for HPE Storage Resource Management solutions. She has over 15 years of experience in storage resource management software.

Register for Discover

Discover-blog-banner-4.jpg

Storage Operations Manager (SOM) is a storage resource management solution that helps you reduce total costs of storage operations and increase productivity.  Start your free trial today.

Tweet to us at @HPE_ITOps and let us know what you think! | Follow HPE Software on LinkedIn  | Like us HPE Software on Facebook

-
Michael Procopio
LinkedIn.com/in/Michael Procopio
  • infrastructure management
0 Kudos
About the Author

MichaelProcopio

HPE Software Product Marketing. Over 20 years in network and systems management.