HPE Content Manager (HPE RM) Forum
cancel

apostrophes in emails changing to random characters such as †when saved to Records Manager

Highlighted
ad_staffsuk
Contributor.

apostrophes in emails changing to random characters such as †when saved to Records Manager

We have an issue whereby characters (apostrophes) in emails are being altered to random characters when saved to HP Records Manager.  It so far only seems to only be affecting emails that come from exteranl recipients into our organistaion and then are forwarded within - and then saved to HPRM.  Im guessing it has somthing to do with the various formatting of these emails which are then being converted to EML when saved to Records Manager ?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Adam

2 REPLIES
RachaelR
Super Contributor.

Re: apostrophes in emails changing to random characters such as †when saved to Records Manager

When we went from RM8.2 to CM9.0 we had something similar happen with some of our record titles. this was for existing records from years ago.
It also happens with new records on occassion when the title is cut and paste from somewhere else

I believe it has something to do with recognising special characters (like - for instance) and it doesn't convert to the font/text/language that RM or CM have???

I've yet to see this happen with email addresses however that's not to say it hasn't happened and nobody here as picked it up

~*~
Current Build: 9.0.4.488
My comments, views, opinions etc. are a reflection of myself and no-one else
ad_staffsuk
Contributor.

Re: apostrophes in emails changing to random characters such as †when saved to Records Manager

Thanks for the reply Rachel,

We are currently on 8.01 - It certainly sounds like RM doesn’t recognise certain characters. However the issue only happens if the email is bounced about (internal / external from our organisation) with varying format within the body of the email. 

I have logged a case with HP and sent them an example email, so I’ll see what they come back with??

Thanks

Adam