HPE Content Manager (HPE RM) Forum
cancel

Users suddenly unable to change containers of documents - following upgrade from 7.1 to 8.3.9088

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Morrissey
Super Collector

Users suddenly unable to change containers of documents - following upgrade from 7.1 to 8.3.9088

Has anyone experienced the issue of large groups of users being unable to move documents between containers - all users are either Records Managers or Coordinators (with 'Change Container' ticked in the profile permissions) , and previously had this access in Trim 7.1 via Access Controls of View Document and View Metadata (these access controls have carried over to the new environment, but what else has changed to deny them this ability?). As a standard the other Access Controls on containers in question have 'Destroy Record' set to 'everyone'

The only options they have now are 'Relate or Put in Alternative Container'.

4 REPLIES
DarrenBenney
Super Collector

Re: Users suddenly unable to change containers of documents - following upgrade from 7.1 to 8.3.9088

Are there restrictions on Update record Metadata that could be preventing the change, or ownership on the container which they may not be a member of the group this could prevent items being moved.

Hope this helps,

Darren

RachaelR
Collector

Re: Users suddenly unable to change containers of documents - following upgrade from 7.1 to 8.3.9088

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm asking it anyways,

What do I need to do to allow non-records staff to move documents from 1 file to another?
From what I can tell with this thread it seems to be a combo of user rights and folder settings??

~*~
Current Build: 9.0.3.353
Morrissey
Super Collector

Hi Rachel Im probably not conversant with HPCM 9 enough to see how this looks in HPCM, but I would assume that those users need to be in, or in a group within, the  the Update and View Metadata & View  Access Controls & matching Security Caveat,Level access with those records

AaronBrody
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Morrissey,

This started happening sometime earlier during 8.1 when I first found it happening i reviewed changes, it appears to  not be mentioned (I probably missed the one where it was specifically mentioned).

The user must be in the owner's group to be able to update this information now.

Kind Regards,

Aaron

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event