1. We do not know how what will happen when you install HPA with another software. IT may cause collisions with shared resources (ports, disk space...). We recommend a frash VM (thats the reason virtualization was made for), but you can try installing them together.
2. Only you can understand the implications of restarting your PPM. We do not require it.
3. HPA has only 1 server. You can place it in the DMZ or within the network. If you place it in the DMZ, please make sure you can access it by network from your mini-app server side to the PPM.
4. Yes. You can configure multiple data source to help you, or just hard code the location of these servers and route the request to the relevant instance by your own logic (admin or user settings for example).
1. Noted the recommendation not to share server. However, can a clone of HP Anywhere Production be generated to VM image? Reason for asking is that this is how we'd recreate the DR for customer.
3. Understand we can setup a HPA Web Server in the DMZ and place HP Anywhere App/DB within intranet. Have this been implemented by other customers? Please advise any known issues or assumptions to make this work.
Will opening the SSL port be sufficient to allow internet access to the HPA server if placed within intranet?
4. Are these steps documented in the manual? I'm unable to find this in the installation and configuration guide.
5. Service Isolation is configuration of nodes on PPM App Server. I'd need to know if there's no support compatibility issues. Any PPM customers using SSO, Service Isolation who had successfully implemented HP Anywhere?
3. Customer confirmed that users will connect to HPA after logging into corporate VPN. Please confirm that there's no issue with this setup where HPA will be within customer's intranet, and users access HPA through VPN.
6. Customer's PPM is integrated with NTLM for SSO authentication. Can HPA be integrated with NTLM for SSO? How will this work while PPM is setup for SSO?
7. User Management
– does HPA allow users to be imported from customer’s existing LDAP?
8. Can HPA leverage existing user access mgmt. (user role) in PPM without having to re-configure user groups/permissions?