1) DP 8 Cell Mgr on Windows 2008
2) 2 DP8 clients on Windows 2008 with MS SQL Server 2012 Alwayson
The backup completed successfully. Now we want to test restore the Alwayson DB.
How to go about it? The DP8 MS Integ PDF is confusing, stating the condition to
1) In an Avail Group, restore to a different client & instance is mandatory
2) Make sure you don't select an avail group listener for target
3) Make sure the selected SQL Server instance exists on target client
4) Make sure the DB selected to restore does not belong to any avail group
Anyone try to restore before? Looking at the conditions above,
does it mean
1) We have to restore to another client?
2) That client must have the MS SQL server instance
3) It is MS SQL standalone/doesn't belong to any avail group?
What's the point to restore/recover to another client? Of course we want to
restore to where we backup from right?
Any help/comment is appreciated.
Go to Solution.
You think this strategy will work?
1) Remove the database from the MS SQL Server Avail Groups3) DP restore DB to both the 2 clients (like standalone DB)4) Add the database back to the MS SQL Server Avail Groups