Data Protector 7.01 Virtual Device Interface reported error
The object was not open
This is causing the backup to fail. I checked and do not have a hung process that was mentioned in another thread.
This started when a new accounted was created to access the MSSQL server databases to perform the backup. If the backup is done with the login of a system/domain administrator the backup runs without error. What might need to be change in the configuration/permissions of the new account?
Re: Data Protector 7.01 Virtual Device Interface reported error
Part of the problem is that this is a very generic error, without a single root cause
I started checking lab cases, and found this one
changing the login id from mossadmin to domainservices in the DP MS sharepoint configuration allowed a backup with no errors.
in other words, exactly what you discovered, but no suggestions on how to set permissions
I also checked the Knowledggebase, and found nothing of value
Sometimes, when faced with some kind of permissions problem, I will ask that the owner of the Data Protector INET service be changed, to the new account, along with the appropriate password. Then see if the INET service will start, and if it does, see if you are still getting the same error